BURN BRIGHT, NOT OUT.
In this week’s episode we are chitchatting about:
- Why burnout happens
- 21 Ways to Beat Burnout
- How to shift your mindset to burn brightly, not burn out.
VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE AND THANK YOU TO:
BillCarlinOFR “Guys, get past the pink!”
WHY BURNOUT HAPPENS:
- Over-commitment / trying to do it all and not asking for help from others
- Personalization and internalization of “failure”
- Inability to keep work/life boundaries
- Trying to rationalize or control things that are uncontrollable or out of your control.
- Playing the victim and feeling sorry for yourself
- Taking a present problem and pretending it is forever
- Trying to be too available to too many people / letting too many people consume your emotional energy without taking time to renew your energy towards yourself
- Letting others steal your sunshine – burnout is contagious, it’s an attitude.
WAYS TO BEAT BURNOUT:
- Do not ignore how you really feel. Burnout isn’t something you just push through – it’s a signal that something needs to change or shift.
- Take a break.
- Learn to say no.
- Get back to the basics – remember why you are doing it in the first place.
- Make a morning proclamation – Joyce Meyer’s statements
- If it’s burnout at work, speak to your supervisor or mentor
- Update your resume – to see how much you have accomplished
- Put together a to-done list
- Step back with a wider lens of understanding and see how you are contributing
- Reach out to others
- Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel
- Consider your heart – do you need to change your career or your choices or your capacity?
- Make sure you are eating well
- Keep exercise and movement a priority
- Invest in your spiritual growth
- Reprioritize sleep – even just try to get an extra 30 minutes per night can make a difference. Make sleep a non-negotiable priority.
- Confide your emotions and how you are feeling to someone – keeping burnout in can burn out your spirit
- Set better boundaries
- Ask others for help
- Think about small micro-changes to your life – not big changes because big changes can be overwhelming.
- Spend some time with someone who has a positive attitude
BURN BRIGHT, NOT OUT.
There is one way to burn bright. It is to BE YOU.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Thank you Trish!
Your commitment to honor yourself, honor others, and honor your legacy are inspiring. You have had a profound impact on me, helping me to continually strive to be better and do better. No doubt your legacy is further reaching than you can ever imagine.
- Insecurity Detox is now the Emerge Experience! Find out more at trishblackwell.com/emerge (explain reason for name change…mention following and fulfilling one of my major dreams)
- The next session of Breakout starts in May! Register at tb.creativewebguy.com/breakout
- Need more tools and resources to elevate your confidence and how you feel about yourself as you step up to “be more,”? …if you haven’t already, download my FREE Roadmap to Confidence at trishblackwell.com/roadmap … it is the weekly tool that can triple your confidence and accelerate your journey along the road to success….and it only takes five minutes per week to do. Get yours free at tb.creativewebguy.com/roadmap
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – tb.creativewebguy.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain