SWITCH TO SAFER
Do the best you can until you know better then when you know better do better.
In this week’s episode I’ll be:
- Sharing a life-changing decision I have made about my and my family’s wellness…a personal wellness breakthrough so to speak
- Giving you the dirt about why my thinking has changed
- Challenging you to consider things that you have trusted in your past that might not be worth your trust / challenging you to start questioning more things in your daily life
WHY AM I TALKING ABOUT THIS HERE?
This podcast is dedicated to confidence and, as your confidence coach I am committed to helping you build confidence in the areas of your mind, your movement and your meaning…. and I realized, as I was learning more and more about what is in the products I use, that I was not confident in my choices as a consumer and as a mom.
I want to be confident in the choices I make about the thoughts I think, about the movements I do for my body, about the food I put into my and my family’s body and about the products I use in our house and in our own personal self-care.
Why should you care?
- 1 in 2 men and 1 in 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in the United States ; currently there are over 80,000 unregulated chemicals being used in our products in the United Sates, many of which are known carcinogens. There is no law to require a chemical to demonstrate safety – chemicals are treated like our judicial system, innocent until otherwise proven guilty.
- The European Union has spent the past two decades banning or restricting more than 1,400 ingredients and the US has only banned 11 to date. There are more than 80,000 chemicals on the market in the US today, 10,000 of which are commonly found in personal care products. Of those 10,000 only about 10% have safety data or research put into them.
- 1 in 88 children will be diagnosed with autism – that number was 1 in 500 in 1999. Austism is linked to unknown environmental influences; coincidentally, along with the rise of austim, over the last half century, chemical use in America has gone up over 2,000%.
- 42 billion pounds of chemicals enter American commerce every day – and you CAN make safer choices for you and your family. Many of these chemicals are linked to endrocrine disprution, cancer, obesity, diabetes, ADHD, reproductive issues, asthma, allergies and metabolic disorder.
- 1938 is the last time Congress passed a law regulating the cosmetic industry. Most of the cosmetics and self-care products on the market contain hidden “trade secret” ingredients and known toxic chemicals that are detrimental to our health. Interestingly enough, it’s no wonder that no new laws have been passed in Congress…$56,000,000 was spent lobbying by the chemical industry in just 2012 alone.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY SMALL #SwithToSafer SWITCHES & THE WHY BEHIND THEM:
- Surface Cleaner
- Laundry Detergent
- Plastics in my kitchen
- Face and hand wipes for Ellie
- Air Freshener
- Body Lotions
- Beauty Products
- Fragrances I use
I put together an exact list of 9 major changes I have made in my family, telling you the exact products I now use – you can get a free and pretty copy of it at tb.creativewebguy.com/switch
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
This week’s Listener of the Episode is whoever – this person is currently unnamed – so kindly shared the show with iTunes user 3 Buoys from The Life Coach School.
I am honored and pleased to announce that, because of these life-changing revelations, I am now in partnership with Beautycounter and Beautycounter is the proud sponsor of the Confidence on the Go podcast show. For more information on Beautycounter go to tb.creativewebguy.com/beautycounter.
This podcast is proudly brought to you by BEAUTYCOUNTER, the only personal care company committed information first, product second, transparency and performance. Their mission is to get safe products in the hands of everyone, because we all deserve better. BEAUTYCOUNTER is a company devoted to progress and to putting the truth back in beauty. Not only do I love their products and the positive change using them has made for wellness, but also I am proud to partner with them. Find out more about BEAUTYCOUNTER at tb.creativewebguy.com/beautycounter.
MENTIONED IN TODAY’S SHOW:
The Human Experiment: www.thehumanexperimentmovie.com
Raising Elijah, by Sandra Steingarber: http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Elijah-Protecting-Environmental-Steingraber/dp/B00E32HXEW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1441708026&sr=8-2&keywords=raising+elijah&pebp=1441708027830&perid=0T6DNXCZ1AF80TM1KETS
Free Guide to #SwithToSafer: tb.creativewebguy.com/switch
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
SHOW NOTES: IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
Voicemail on my website
Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
Contact on my website – tb.creativewebguy.com
Twitter – @trainerTRISH
Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
Instagram – @traintrishtrain