Make today matter. Today’s motivational podcast episode from Confidence on the Go challenges you with five questions to get you to take Carpe Diem from a state of common knowledge to actual, lived out common practice.
- You become what you think about.
- Life is fragile, you aren’t guaranteed tomorrow.
- Refuse to let yourself keep wasting your own life, start living like you are meant to
- First we make our attitudes, then our attitudes make us. -Dennis Waitley
Episode #23 Notes:
Tragic shooting in DC brought to light the unpredictability of life. Living 55 miles from DC and in a community of commuters, DC hits close to the heart. Tragedy ignites awareness of the human condition. It inspires me to take a fresh look at life and my own frame of reference.
Today matters. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.
There is a difference between common knowledge and common practice. I used to live with this as common knowledge, but did not put it into common practice and that is exactly what I want to challenge you to do today.
A native American boy was talking with his grandfather. “What do you think about the world situation? He asked. The grandfather replied, “ I feel like wolves are fighting in my heart. One is full of anger and hatred; the other is full of love, forgiveness, and peace.” “Which one will win?” asked the boy. To which the grandfather replied, “The one I feed.” (Origin Unknown) YOU BECOME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT.
- How long will you continue to sabotage yourself and the real you in order to play the blame game for your unhappiness?
- How long will you keep making excuses when you aren’t guaranteed tomorrow?
- How many more hours of your day will you waste comparing yourself to others or self-conscious of their judgment?
- What are you putting off because you are stuck in the past, in your own self-imposed limitations or because of self-doubt and fear?
- Quite simply, what are you putting off that you really want to accomplish?
No more tomorrows, today is the day.
Dennis Waitley: “First we make our attitudes. Then our attitudes make us.”
THE GIVEAWAY MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
I am giving away one of my own running plan for anyone wanting to run a 5k, 10K, or marathon. I even have another option for my non-runners out there: a WALKING half marathon plan. Each plan typically sells for $50, so this is a steal of a deal! All you have to do is write a review in Amazon for one of my books or in iTunes for my show or app.
You can select one program per review that you write for the following options:
(2). Review my ebook Building a Better Body Image: 50 Days to Loving Yourself from the Inside Out on Amazon.com
(4). Review one of my iOS apps in iTunes
So, just write a review (and this is on the honor system) and then let me know which running training program you’d like in return. If you’d like more than one program (which I recommend since they’re not always going to be free!), then simply pick another product to review!
Pretty simple! Now there’s no excuse not to have a consistent workout plan! Just do it.
Below are more ways to connect with me, check them out, post a comment below or email me for more info at email@example.com!
- Trish on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Trish’s “mastermind” INSIDER Group: http://tb.creativewebguy.com/register
- Get coaching from Trish: http://tb.creativewebguy.com/confidencecoaching
- Trish’s Apps: http://tb.creativewebguy.com/trish-shop
- Recommendations: http://tb.creativewebguy.com/recommendations