RESOURCEFULNESS – YOUR BEST RESOURCE
Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful. –Jeff Bezos
In this episode we’re going to talk about:
- How to tap into the ultimate resource available to you…. and how to leverage that resource for your success, well-being and happiness
- The 7 things I would have told my 17-year-old self
- Being a role model through your example of mental strength, movement of your body and meaning in your life.
(1). I have two one-on-one mentorship spots open. There is a six-month commitment.
(2). The FREE Role Model webinar is coming up….November 25th …details to come via email list and Facebook, so make sure you’re connected with me in those mediums!
REVIEWS / THANK YOU / GIANT VIRTUAL HIGH FIVE TO:
- To know Mo is to love Mo
YOUR ULTIMATE RESOURCE: RESOURCEFULNESS
(Living without a plan B because you know your plan A will work)
(Your ability to deal with any situation or challenge that arises. It is the ability to make due with what you have.)
(Living with a big vision)
(Being a rubber band – to be effective, you must be stretched)
Some thoughts discussed on resourcefulness:
- Resourcefulness is knowing that you are not with lack. Because simply thinking in a state of lack will create the conditions that produce a state of lack.
- We drown in the averageness of our own problems when we live without a big vision. A big vision will help you overcome any problem
- “The happiness people in the world are those who are living out their dreams” – John Maxwell
- Marcus Aurelius, one of the greatest thinkers of antiquity: “A man’s life is what his thoughts make of it.”
- People are defeated in life not because of lack of ability, but for lack of wholeheartedness. –Norman Vincent Peale (The Power of Positive Thinking)
NURTURE YOUR RESOURCEFULNESS:
- Dream your dream.
- Adopt a mantra of possibility
- Write down your goals: 95% don’t write down goals, of the 5% that do, 95% of them achieve what they set out to do.
- Focus on the purpose of what you are doing
- Don’t apologize unnecessarily
- Burn your ships / No plan b
- Dare to ask for what you need
- Assess your situations like a commander in war (break it down)
- Start with your strengths
- Act quickly
- Maximize what you have
Resourcefulness = Confidence = Resilience = Momentum = Acceleration = Success
QUESTION OF THE EPISODE:
What I would tell my 17-year old self:
Here’s my answer:
(1). You are more beautiful than you will ever think you are.
(2). Just focus on loving others – everything else will work itself out.
(3). Being a student of life is the greatest thing you can be & has the highest ROI possible
(4). Do not worry about what other people think about you – be yourself no matter what –
(5). Be the best person you can be, and the right people will be drawn towards you
(6). What’s “in” and “cool” isn’t as shiny as it ever seems to be. Know your values.
(7). Honor your body because you want it to last you a lifetime, not because you want to look a certain way or fit into a certain size or style of clothes. Oh, and by the way, there are just some styles that won’t ever look good on your body type – accept it and let it go – it’s just not that important and certainly is no reflection on your beauty, your value or your worth.
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
Here’s what Laura shared with me via email:
I’ve been listening to Trish’s podcasts for a couple of months now and have also recently completed her ‘insecurity detox’ programme. She has provided me with the motivation and perspective I’ve been needing to really start living my life rather than simply existing, regardless of the circumstances. Now, being kind to myself in terms of positive self-talk and a healthy lifestyle come to me so much more naturally than they ever did before. Being kind to myself used to be a struggle and such a chore. Now it’s something I look forward to and find so much fulfillment in. Trish, your positive outlook on life is truly inspirational. Thank you!
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – tb.creativewebguy.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain