The biggest human temptation is to settle for too little.
In this episode we will cover
- The 10 reasons why people settle
- The number one secret to not settling in life, with anything
- 3 ways to invest in that secret so you never settle again in your life
Never settle for less than you can be, do, share or live.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. –Steve Jobs
If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. –Jim Rohn
SHOUT OUT OF THANKS:
Angela Charlie Weeks
WOOPS FROM LAST WEEK:
I never told you the final third thing I promised you! … the awesome learning tool I just discovered…OYSTER…https://www.oysterbooks.com
NEVER SETTLE CONCEPT:
Remember, you are the master of your mind, and therefore the master of your destiny.
Reasons I think people settle:
- We don’t see our true potential
- We are afraid of taking a risk and rocking the status quo
- We see everyone else settling around us
- We think, “Who are we” to be anything special or to expect more
- We have been around too many toxic, negative influencers
- We have convinced ourselves that we are lazy
- We don’t understand just how much is actually out there for us
- We haven’t yet accepted the weight of our responsibility to make a difference in this world
- We aren’t reading enough and exposing ourselves to great inspiration
- We get “busy” with distraction and find life passing us by
The KEY to not settling is to have CONFIDENCE.
“Confidence is the ability to hear someone say no.” –Brandon Synan
- People will say no.
- Doors will close.
- You will have setbacks.
- The plan won’t always work.
But looking back it’s always better to have tried than to have lived in fear and in regret. As Brandon so wisely said, you are choosing to be a confident person, so you therefore have the ability to hear someone say “no” and the ability to have a setback without it setting you back completely.
3 WAYS TO INVEST IN THE SECRET OF CONFIDENCE
- Make sure you have a copy of the Roadmap to Confidence (tb.creativewebguy.com/roadmap)
- Speak confident words of life to others – and it will increase the words that you speak to yourself.
- Start your Insecurity Detox – the opposite of insecurity is confidence
Don’t settle with “love month” of February – invest in yourself and in your confidence by starting the 7-day Insecurity Detox. For just $6/day -> the cost of having a cup of coffee with me in person as your friend <- you can awake that inner confidence that you have within so that you can truly love yourself this month. (Because remember, unless we love ourselves, we cannot successfully love others – you can’t give out what you don’t yet have).
Get it here: tb.creativewebguy.com/insecurity-detox
LISTENER OF THE EPISODE:
I am really excited to be apart of the Be More community! I have purchased the UNSTUCK CD SET and also the INSECURITY DETOX. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with the podcast community your are inspiration! I look forward to every Tuesday now and my ride to work as I am currently catching up on past recordings. You came along at a point in my life I did not know what to do and now I have found clarity. I stumble across this Be More community from downloading your 1/2 marathon app, as I am working towards that goal, I have had the pleasure of doing 2 in the past, but I am coming back from an injury and from allowing my workaholic self to be lost from the people and things I love.
Thank you doesn’t express just how grateful I am!
I have six open accountability coaching spots – first come, first serve.
Accountability coaching is for
- anyone determined to make this year their best year yet and wanting assurance that they will stay on top of their game and goals, not losing focus or momentum through the year
- anyone with a goal that really matters to them who wants assurance that they will stick with their pursuit of their goal
- anyone who struggles with follow-through and wants to change that
- anyone looking to have an edge on achieving their goals or dreams and wants a coach in their corner to keep them on track and consistent
- anyone wanting fitness / workout accountability and personal training advice
- anyone who has completed the Breakout Program and is looking for their next step of personal development and growth
Be more of who you are. Be you. Be free.
IF YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED AS LISTENER OF THE EPISODE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ME!
- Email – trish at trishblackwell.com
- Contact on my website – tb.creativewebguy.com
- Twitter – @trainerTRISH
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/trishblackwellfitness
- Instagram – @traintrishtrain